TechSpot

Tesla's Model S factory is full of advanced robotics

By Jesse
Jul 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Tesla Motors has been turning heads lately with the new Model S electric car. A few weeks ago, Tesla CEO and founder Elon Musk showed off a battery swapping station that can change the battery in a Model S faster...

Read more

2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

This is coolest factory ever!

PC nerd likes this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

Damn after watching such a display, I wish I had the cash to support this Tesla project. Especially knowing they are electric powered. Major downside though, there are no charging stations anywhere within my surrounding states. I'm thinking positive though; they will become common across the globe, and when they do prices should drop.

4. And another equally downside is that it's too expensive for mainstream buyers.

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

When battery technology improves, people will be willing to fund electric vehicles. At the stage we are at now though, no one wants to invest in a technology that is considered inferior.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

We just have to wait until the technology improves & matures. It'll then become a lot cheaper & every major manufacturer will produce electric cars. In about 30 years time it'll be inconceivable to buy a car with an internal combustion engine (I hope).

7. J. Wallace

J. Wallace TS Rookie

Electric cars are more refined than gas. A good electric car like the Tesla or Volt is superior to any gas car. They are considered inferior only to those that do not know any better.

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,090   +1,519

Bring a Tesla to my neck of the woods and see how long you can go with that superiority complex, before you beg for a ride in a inferior gasoline car. Tesla may be superior one day, but that day is a long ways off.

9. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,273   +151

Dont see the point of electric cars.

The electricity still has to be produced elsewhere, Most likely by fossil fuels.

Hydrogen or petrol for me.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.