Testing request for Radeon RX 6600/6500/6400 owners

neeyik

Staff member
As I don't have any AMD Radeon RX 6600/6500/6400 cards to hand (and I'm too cheap to go out and buy a couple), I'm turning to the TechSpot community to see if they can help.

There are two tests that I'd like to perform on Navi 22/23 chips:

(1) Cache and memory bandwidth analysis using GPUPerfTest by Nemez. Download the app from here (Windows and Linux versions are available) and select the appropriate test in the left-hand menu.

gpuperftest01.jpg

Then click on one of the grey boxes to the right of the listed file sizes -- e.g. click on the one next to 4 KiB to make the test run. It might take a couple of minutes to do it all and it's best not to have your PC do anything else while running it.

Once it's finished you should see a long list of bandwidth figures, like this:

gpuperftest02.jpg

Could you post a screenshot of your results, making sure the window covers all data down to 128 MiB, at the least.

(2) This test is more fiddly to do because you'll need to compile some code in order to run the benchmark. If you're comfortable doing this, then grab this source code and run the build to get something like this on your screen:

trianglebin01.jpg

Set the number of triangles (first slider) to 20 and the number of pixels (second slider) to as close to 0.5 as best as you can. Take a screenshot of that and post it here - even better would be three screenshots at 0.5, 0.55, and 0.60.

If the program fails to run, you might need to copy the blit.hlsl and triangle.hlsl files from the source code and place the copies in the build's folder (usually x64/debug/).

Many thanks in advance!

Back