The fallacy of the cashless monetary system

Mark Fuller

I am writing this post as a reaction to an incident that occurred to me at a Budget car rental agency. I walked into the establishment with more than enough cash to cover the cost of the car rental, only to find out that they only take credit cards. When I offered a debit card with again more than enough to pay I was told emphatically that they only take credit cards. I suppose I owe the clerk an apology after the way I voiced my displeasure and I know she was only enforcing policy. I do not know why they will take only credit cards for a walk-in but I suppose it has something to do with the fact that cash registers are so vulnerable to robberies which are so prevalent in today’s society and the reason would be to relieve the burden of losing so much money or maybe even a life. But to prevent the loss of money is the fallacy of the proposed cashless system endorsed by so many. Do not they know that if someone can rob at gunpoint, he can also rob at mouse point as well. Read https://www.csoonline.com/article/534628/the-biggest-data-breaches-of-the-21st-century.html. And this article has no mention of the fact as mentioned in this forum that 75% of internet traffic is SPAM, and you know what that is for. I don’t get it at all, unless there is some kind of a movement to get the entire monetary system under one thumb so they can control it all. I tried post this to the previous articles about this but they card closed to further discussion. I heard a proponent of the cashless system say that only drug dealers and gun runners need cash. But if that is true why don't they do something to stop them? If drugs and guns are bad then they won't be any better in a cashless society. It's just the now toothless lax law enforcement of our society to blame. And honest man is not bound to be honest whether or not there is paper money or a cashless society. And a cashless society will not deter crime.

Last edited:
Back