The Fan of my ATI 9600XT is making a lot of noise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello All,
The noise is really annoying and I take out the video card and try to clean as much as I could but still makes a lot of noise so I unplugged the fan from the power, could this damage my video card? is there any way to replace this kind of fans? if so, where? directly to ATI? What really worries me is the fact of getting my card damaged :( , so what do you guys suggest? Thank you!

PLUG IT BACK IN STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

you'll fry it!

Arctic cooling make an almost silent cooler to suit that card - I used to have one. Cost about $35 Australian.

A Zalman may fit as well. Check the Website.

I would suggest a cooler like Mr Papschmere suggested, or if not at least a PCI graphics cooler which takes one pci slot up, you wouldnt like to fry your graphics card!

I just go online to check prices and bought Artic Cooler for 32 USD shipping included, Thank you so much for your help, rather spend 32 bucks than fry my gpx card paid 250 USD like 18 months ago, Can't wait to have it, oh my PC was so silent, I love a quiet PC :) thanks again guys!

Theres different models for different cards! Did U make sure U ordered the one to suit?

You'll love it, they're REALLY quiet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back