The Grand Tour, the Amazon car show starring former Top Gear hosts, launches November 18

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The wait is almost over. The Grand Tour, Amazon’s upcoming automotive show featuring former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, will begin streaming episodes on November 18.

For those not up to speed (no pun intended), the aforementioned trio hosted a motoring show on the BBC for years called Top Gear. Sure, the actual automotive-related aspect of the show was good, but what really drew fans in was the chemistry between the three hosts and the wacky predicaments they’d often find themselves in.

I have a passion for cars but even my girlfriend, who has absolutely no interested in them whatsoever, really enjoyed Top Gear when they were still the hosts.

In March of 2015, Jeremy Clarkson got into an argument with Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon. Tempers flared and things allegedly got physical which led to Clarkson’s dismissal from the show later that month. His loyal co-hosts soon followed suit and for a while, it seemed that their run was over.

Rumors that Amazon would somehow bring them back together seemed almost too good to be true but in July of last year, we learned that the e-commerce giant had indeed signed them on to produce a car show that would air exclusively on Amazon Prime (now you know why Amazon was so interested in inking a deal).

A new episode of The Grand Tour will debut each week and as we learned last year, there will be a minimum of three seasons.

Permalink to story.

They just need to get rid of that clown Clarkson. Sooo biased to euro - non american made cars. He had the Holden version of the GTO and loved it, drove the same car in the GTO and hated it. Same car... Just opposite side steering wheel. The other two are a hoot and that's why I watched the show. Clarkson is entertaining, just in a snooty, euro trash kind of a way.

They just need to get rid of that clown Clarkson. Sooo biased to euro - non american made cars. He had the Holden version of the GTO and loved it, drove the same car in the GTO and hated it. Same car... Just opposite side steering wheel. The other two are a hoot and that's why I watched the show. Clarkson is entertaining, just in a snooty, euro trash kind of a way.

Hated it because it was NOT the Holden, it was GM's attempt to make one.. which DID suck. IF they had Holden make the WHOLE car with LHD, then it would have been a good car.. but you let GM north america get to it and they have to dumb it down for the dullards and malcontents on the car lines, they reduce the interior quality , **** up the looks and cheapen the product parts.. then it sucks.

Not "A House of Cars"? Someone messed up.

It was a great play on their new status as a streaming-only production themselves as well as a nod to House of Card's origins on BBC. But I suppose neither Netflix or BBC saw the humor.

There were also similar things like that in the show as well. For example when Tesla launched the model S, Top Gear's review of it found that it didn't last at all and the battery drained out earlier than expected. After investigations, it was found that the car battery failing to impress was already in the scripts before it even happened. So could be something to do with the producers and scripts, or Clarkson as you've mentioned xD

We've got plenty of car shows now .... something different would be nice ..... maybe unicycles!

We've got plenty of car shows now .... something different would be nice ..... maybe unicycles!
If it's anything like Top Gear, it's not a car show. It's three men piss-farting about with incidental car footage.

They just need to get rid of that clown Clarkson.
Trying to get rid of Clarkson is what sparked the demise of Top Gear and the creation of The Grand Tour. Clarkson is a polarizing character and one of the main reasons people will watch. If you don't like him, it sucks to be you. The rest of us will just sit back and enjoy the show while you sulk and insist that nobody's allowed to like what you don't like.

if youre watching any of their shows with the expectation of getting unbiased car advice youre watching it for the very wrong reasons.

I'm watching it for the image, sound and very fine editing of this show... it's a show about cars in motion, not people, people here are incidentally

If it's anything like Top Gear, it's not a car show. It's three men piss-farting about with incidental car footage.

Trying to get rid of Clarkson is what sparked the demise of Top Gear and the creation of The Grand Tour. Clarkson is a polarizing character and one of the main reasons people will watch. If you don't like him, it sucks to be you. The rest of us will just sit back and enjoy the show while you sulk and insist that nobody's allowed to like what you don't like.

Ya sure sucks to be me, like my whole life revolved around this show! /rollseyes Go ahead and enjoy the show, nobody said you couldn't. I'll just keep putting down Clarkson as it is my opinion, and you can just sulk because you don't like it. Carry on.

Well considering it is Amazon, and some of their other own-brand shows on offer are 4K as well I don't see why this wouldn't be. Just wait until you see Jeremy's pubes for hair in 4K... Ugh...

Back