TechSpot

'The Last of Us' is coming to the big screen in the form of a live-action movie

By Shawn Knight
Mar 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Last of Us was one of the most critically acclaimed games of 2013 across any platform, winning numerous awards including Game of the Year from several publications. It was so good, in fact, that it was recently picked up...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +862

Harrison Ford for joel anyone?

3. When I play this game, I can't help but think of Ellie as a juno Ellen Page, altho she was voicing Beyond Two Souls. So who would play her, I have no idea.

Joey King from White House down is the right age, but please god, I hope they don't pick her, she looks unnatural, her lips look full of botox or w.e

As for Harrison Ford, he is a bit beyond it really. 71. Joel is a man with a 12 or 14 year old daughter himself. And the game is set 20 years on. So she would have been 32 / 34. So he would be somewhere between 55 and 65 ? Quite frankly when playing the game, I can not imagine Joel being out of his forties, jumping around surviving clickers and bandits.

Clive Owen is 50, and has done similar get the package roles, protecting a baby in shooter, and a pregnant girl in Children of Men. What would he look like with some stubble or a beard?

To get some game parts down accurate though, the actor playing Joel would have to get into cover doing his stealthy bit while the other members of the group continuously run from cover to cover even bumping into the enemies without them noticing at all somehow.

ikesmasher likes this.
  4. Nolan North or Nathan Fillion

5. cartera

cartera TS Addict Posts: 296   +78

'We are Legend' for the movie title?

I haven't played the game but from the brief description it sounds like a I am legend spin off/ sequel.

6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,556   +862

And star wars is a star trek spin off because they both take place in space with ships and lazar gunz.

7. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Star Wars was the first one on board :D

8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Paul W.S Anderson should not make this one. He's the reason why fanboys hate video game movie adaptations.

9. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Too old. Russell Crowe would be better.

10. RebelFlag

RebelFlag TS Addict Posts: 135   +67

I am going to guess it will be Liam Neeson. He is real hot right now, and his movies are making a lot of money.

11. yorro

yorro TS Booster Posts: 251

They gotta get Ellen Page

ikesmasher likes this.