The Mac Turns 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
It was insanely great, the computer for the rest of us, and out to change the world. The Apple Macintosh marks its twentieth birthday this week, and--hubris and hype aside--the Mac has made an acknowledged impact on personal computing.

A graphical user interface manipulated via mouse, new usability standards, still-evolving multimedia support, and simply cool design are among the Mac's credits, say industry observers, PC users, and Apple pioneers. PC World asked many longtime industry players, including some involved in the Mac's early days, what the Macintosh has taught the PC--and, essentially, the computing industry. And, on the flip side, what has the PC taught the Macintosh?

Read more: PC World.

Cool... Looking forward to reading it in it entireity...

It's nice to see that not everyone is still locked in the "war" agissi "represents"...

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
It's nice to see that not everyone is still locked in the "war" agissi "represents"...
Thats what you get with these kids who's first computer they ever saw/used had Windows95 or even Windows98 on it.

/edit - just finished reading the entire article, its worth a read if you got a few minutes. Agissi should be required to read it :)

I represent a war? COOL!

just finished reading the entire article, its worth a read if you got a few minutes. Agissi should be required to read it

rofl.. you guys are so mean :p

PC's taught me the famous blue screen displaying errors from the operating system "Windows" lol.

they have done a lot for the PC community. the first properly implemented GUI (historians don't quite count Xerox as one), mouse (you need it for GUI right), aesthetics (they changed how a PC doesn't have to have a dingy beige/grey color), and other things i am forgetting.

Apple's marketing and ads are quite annoying to me however (Microsoft is just as guilty). well i can't really blame their arrogance though. if they didn't portray themselves as being infinitely more superior than Microsoft's offering, then maybe their customer and fan base wouldn't be as large. Apple makes good products, but i wish they would lower their prices a little bit and cut the crap out of their image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back