TechSpot

The new Nvidia Titan X is now available for $1,200

By Scorpus
Aug 2, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Announced two weeks ago in what was a surprise to many, the Nvidia Titan X is now available directly from Nvidia for a grand total of $1,200. Not to be confused with the old Maxwell-based GeForce GTX Titan X, this new Titan X packs a huge Pascal GP102 GPU for 11 TFLOPs of single-precision compute performance.

Specifications list the Titan X as having 3,584 CUDA cores clocked up to 1,530 MHz, along with 12 GB of GDDR5X memory on a 384-bit bus clocked at 10 GHz for 480 GB/s of bandwidth. Built using a 16nm manufacturing process, this new card packs a TDP of 250 watts, which is the same as its Titan X predecessor.

With such a hefty price tag, the new Titan X is designed primarily for single-precision compute applications rather than gaming. However some gaming benchmarks have made their way to the web, suggesting the Titan X is around 25-35 percent faster than the already-powerful GeForce GTX 1080 at 4K.

As of the time of publishing, the Titan X is currently out of stock on Nvidia's official store, which is the only place to purchase this powerful graphics card. If you managed to order a Titan X, or if Nvidia releases a fresh batch of stock, be sure to grab the new GeForce 369.05 drivers that add support for the Titan X.

Permalink to story.

2. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,620   +376

Mmm would love to see 4k benchmarks with this beast!

Reehahs likes this.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

A mere $1200 for a gaming graphics card? Now that's what I'd call "great value for money" I can see them flying off the shelves at a rate of knots.

4. Panda218

Panda218 TS Maniac Posts: 288   +105

I thought the same for the MSI 1080 GTX SEAHAWK. It lists at 999.99 at my local microcenter and they always sell out within 2 hours of receiving a shipment. Shows you how far enthusiasts will go to prove their e-peen is bigger than their friends.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,540   +2,337

Bigger di*k, bigger wallet, bigger graphics.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

That's human nature for you.

7. Jack007

Jack007 TS Booster Posts: 160   +33

Seems like a real super video card. Wish I could get one. Then again I only have to wait like a year when prices are forced to go down

8. NahNood

NahNood TS Enthusiast Posts: 28   +9

Well, probably more than a year, like maybe after the next 2 card generations are out.

9. Bigtruckseries

Bigtruckseries TS Maniac Posts: 401   +209

I'm going to see how much I can sell my Titan X for on Ebay. If I get enough for it, I'll buy the newer model.

thing is, The card's already a beast and more card than anyone needs unless you are running 3 monitors and a 4K TV like I do.

Here's the thing: they shoulda given it a new name.

10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,683   +1,876

Well now, they couldn't exactly call it the "Titan Triple X", now could they? 'Cause that's way overkill for even 4K p0rn.