TechSpot

The Optimum Screen Resolution?

By Robin997
Feb 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi
    i have 2 monitors, a 17" CRT and a 20.1" flatscreen.
    the resolution on my 17" is set to 800x600, which is not super clear but has the perfect size icons and start bar etc.
    My 20.1" is set to 1024x768, for exactly the same reasons as my 17".
    i have been told time and time again to set the resolution to max, but everything like the icons font size start menu go tiny!!!
    i went round pc noticed all the pc's i looked at had their resolutions set to max, but everything on the desktop was the perfect size and very clear.

can anyone tell me where the option is to get the icons, start menu etc the normal size while having the resolution set to max,eg 1280x1024 for a 17".

any help will be greatly appriciated!!!
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

You are interested in setting the DPI to some higher value than the default.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,532   +301

Think we already covered all there was to cover about the resolutions and how you thought stuff was tiny and how to increase the icon sizes in your earlier thread:
    Need Help Configuring 20" Screen
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.