The RIAA gets serious

Wow, that is getting pretty bad. IMO they can't do anything to people that have previously downloaded things. They can only start to take action from here on out. They would have to check the dates created IMO.

But yes that SUCKS

Can they do that?

Even if they can, they'll sure have fun tracking down 3/4 of all the computer users in the world...

Am I right saying they only care about music? After all, it's Recording Industry Association of America. They don't have anything to do with movies and/or software?

Actually this thread was posted before the news thread (i.e. 11/25 for this thread and 11/26 for the news post...)

I think I'll pop in a DVD and record it to VHS out of contempt for those *****s. Mabe they'll try to steal my T.V.. They can take my laptop when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Maybe I'll rip a DVD to SVCD and shoot the bin/cue out to Kazaa - nah - that would be wrong. Not that what they are doing isn't.

LNCPapa

I still don't fully understand why they are going so crazy about this. They know it goes on ALL around the world, and I would claim that every computer that is in a household has some sort of pirated music on it.

And if they start taking PC's then people are just going to get smarter and find new ways of doing things.

Only time will tell.

The RIAA represent an industry that its increasingly becomming out of date and historic. The future is in on-line downloads. If people would just go with this instead of fighting it, the music industry would not be in the trouble that it is.

Concur, go with the flow, don't fight it all the time.

Sometimes it's good, but others it just causes more problems.

Back