The sims 2 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT----yes I read the other post similar to this and several other websites, but my problem is different in the fact that after i hit retry it continues a little farther, and eventually reaches 100%

okay. so i had this game for several yrs. i installed it once when i first got it and it installed and ran, but was slow. i wanted to try it again, but it wont install.

i get the typical error "A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims13.package' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?"

it comes up about every 2-5% along way. after i hit retry, it goes a little further, then does again. it eventually gets to 100% but wont go beyond that because when it hits the 100%, the retry thing just continues to pop up and no further installation comes up.

i know absolutely nothing about computers other than how to follow directions. help plz??

EDIT----yes I read the other post similar to this and several other websites, but my problem is different in the fact that after i hit retry it continues a little farther, and eventually reaches 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back