TechSpot

The Sims 2 won't install. Keeps asking me to insert disk 2?

By Becki
Oct 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi Ive just joined this site so I hope ive posted in the right place :)!

Ive had the same laptop for yonks now and I originally had the sims 2 installed on it with no problems.
    When the sims 3 came out I uninstalled the sims 2 and installed the sims 3.

Now im trying to re-install the sims 2 and its having non of it!

Ive uninstalled the sims 3 so I know there is plently of room for it.

I put in disk 1 it loads fine and the installation starts then it gets to 23% and a message comes up asking me to insert disk 2. I put the disk in and it loads but every time I click ok on the message the "please insert disk 2" message constantly keeps popping up and I cant get any further!

I thought it was maybe an error with the disk so I bought a replacement one and im still having the same issue!

Ive also seen a tip on a forum of coping all the files from each disk to the computer and installing this way - Ive tried it does exactly the same!

Can anyone help at all?
  2. Taycat

Taycat TS Rookie Posts: 52

Do you have a legit, legal copy of the game and not a copied disc from somebody?
    You cannot use a disc from a friend to play due to EA/Maxis putting disc protection on the discs.
  3. Becki

Becki TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi
    Disks are legit I bought the game when it first came out, hasn't been copied.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.