TechSpot

The voice behind Siri steps out from the shadows

By Shawn Knight
Oct 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The true voice of Siri has remained a mystery for years but a recent in-depth article dissecting machine language and how Siri “found its voice” prompted the actress behind Apple’s iconic personal assistant to finally come forward. Her name is...

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,242   +1,549

What difference does it make? Hasn't she already been paid?

3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 907   +54

None but it must be slow new day at CNN.

4. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 460   +83

Yeah it's not like millions of people are dying in Syria or the US govt is acting like tantrum trowing teenagers that cannot even get a budget done.

No by all means lets focus on whats really important *sigh*

5. I'd rather watch a fluff piece than their biased views on the real news.

6. From the numerous reports I've read, it doesn't seem like this lady is asking for anything from Apple. She presumably was paid for the recordings she made years ago, and the intellectual property was purchased by Apple at some point.

I just think it's fascinating to think about what her experience must be like, to hear her own voice in so many places.

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,356   +283

It is fascinating but nothing anyone says will please everyone - even news of free money would upset someone out there. It's a good break from all the bad news we see all day long on news networks.

8. Khanonate

Khanonate TS Member Posts: 96   +8

Free money?! I will definitely get upset! If I didn't get some... :)

9. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 667   +96

Siri on my wifes iPhone is a male voice. It drives me round the bend.

10. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 306   +37

I couldn't care less about who voiced Siri, and if I could, I'd probably throw myself off of a bridge.

avoidz likes this.
  11. matrix86

matrix86 TS Maniac Posts: 804   +9

I really don't get why many of you people are getting your panties in such a wad over this.

"Yeah it's not like millions of people are dying in Syria or the US govt is acting like tantrum trowing teenagers that cannot even get a budget done.

No by all means lets focus on whats really important *sigh*"

And I'm sure they have a journalist working on that. Not every single journalist at a web page or news source works on the same things. Seriously people, stop whining about a simple little article. There are some people (like myself who is interested in voice over artists) who like to know the voices behind the things we hear every day. It's not gonna kill you to have an article released over it.

12. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,387   +240

cnn is known for repeating their news broadcasts too numerous of times which is why I quit watching it. They'll probably begin re examining this siri article dozens of times.

13. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

Thank you! ...really couldn't understand how this is news. Fun fact maybe but to hire a forensic expert... over kill.

cliffordcooley likes this.
  14. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Slow news day. Has Apple run out of ideas?

15. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,242   +1,549

In hindsight (that is if they didn't) Apple should have recorded Steve's voice for the heard. lol

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.