These are the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for 'Just Cause 3'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Developer Avalanche Studios has unveiled the minimum and recommended hardware specifications for Just Cause 3. As anticipated, you’ll need some pretty beefy hardware if you’re looking to crank up the eye candy.

The final Just Cause 3 specifications as posted on Steam are as follows:

Minimum Specifications
OS: Vista SP2, Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 3.3 Ghz | AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3 Ghz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)

Recommended Specifications
OS: Vista SP2, Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | AMD R9 290 (4GB)

If you’ve paid attention to any of the screenshots or videos that have been published thus far, these specs shouldn’t really come as much of a surprise. The 4K trailer embedded above should give you a good idea of what to expect. I, for one, will be curious to see what sort of hardware is needed to run the game in 4K as the above specs certainly won’t get the job done.

Just Cause 3 is slated to launch on December 1 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Permalink to story.

There was a time when I would've got a little excited about a new release like this but now I only take an interest when the prices have dropped by at least 50% and most of the creases have been ironed out.

Looks like a massive hardware upgrade in the plan.
And when the next AAA title comes out the recommended specs make your shiny, newly upgraded, uber expensive rig look decidedly weak at the knees.
If you forever wait until your new system will never need upgraded, you will never upgrade. So that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. And an upgrade doesn't mean it has to be 'Uber' expensive.

And my very aging system (coming up on 3 years now) still beats their recommended specs so the first poster just likely has been pushing his upgrades out further and further, and now it's time.

These Specifications are brought to you by the letters A M & D as well as other charitable sponsors who give us boat loads of money to push their products like Intel and Nvidia. Yes this is a console port...and like every other console port it will avg 50FPS+ at 1080p ultra with just a celeron processor and AMD 280 / Nvidia 760 (see techspot graphic reviews of any console port). Yes we included ridiculous draw distances and shadow levels no one will ever notice just to push the AMD 280 / Nvidia 760.

... this is a console port...and like every other console port it will avg 50FPS+ at 1080p ultra with just a celeron processor and AMD 280 / Nvidia 760 (see techspot graphic reviews of any console port). Yes we included ridiculous draw distances and shadow levels no one will ever notice just to push the AMD 280 / Nvidia 760.

I have hope again.

There was a time when I would've got a little excited about a new release like this but now I only take an interest when the prices have dropped by at least 50% and most of the creases have been ironed out.

Boy, ain't that the truth! You would think that with the high number of units sold, they could easily drop the price by at least 25% just to make it more tempting, but as quickly as the "newness" wears off and the price drops, it's well worth the wait, especially when you consider how buggie some of these new games are on release!

If you forever wait until your new system will never need upgraded, you will never upgrade. So that's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. And an upgrade doesn't mean it has to be 'Uber' expensive.

And my very aging system (coming up on 3 years now) still beats their recommended specs so the first poster just likely has been pushing his upgrades out further and further, and now it's time.
:D;)

Boy, ain't that the truth! You would think that with the high number of units sold, they could easily drop the price by at least 25% just to make it more tempting, but as quickly as the "newness" wears off and the price drops, it's well worth the wait, especially when you consider how buggie some of these new games are on release!
Hopefully this one isn't buggy, there are some videos on YouTube of beta gameplay..

Hopefully this one isn't buggy, there are some videos on YouTube of beta gameplay..
The demo videos will always be beautiful and run as smooth as silk. I somehow doubt they'll ever release a choppy and buggy demo to the public unless they want to go out of business.
By the time the game gets released it's cost has already been paid for by the gullible pre ordering consumer and the sales afterward is pure profit.
If those pre ordering halfwits weren't so asinine in their decision making then the publisher and devs would have no option but to release a smooth, relatively bug free game but while pre orders are in vogue that's never going to happen.

The demo videos will always be beautiful and run as smooth as silk. I somehow doubt they'll ever release a choppy and buggy demo to the public unless they want to go out of business.
By the time the game gets released it's cost has already been paid for by the gullible pre ordering consumer and the sales afterward is pure profit.
If those pre ordering halfwits weren't so asinine in their decision making then the publisher and devs would have no option but to release a smooth, relatively bug free game but while pre orders are in vogue that's never going to happen.

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and I rarely preorder anything but in this case I did :)
The game was released to beta testers, it's not just a few short demo videos from the developers themselves. They did some livestreams too I believe, so lots of interaction with gamers before it is released. I think this time the game should work fine upon release, especially since it's been in development for several years, and it's been five years since JC2. This isn't like the annual CoD or Assassin's Creed rehash :)

And when the next AAA title comes out the recommended specs make your shiny, newly upgraded, uber expensive rig look decidedly weak at the knees.

My CPU is from Feb2009, AMD Phenom II x4 810 (2.6Ghz) paired with a recently upgraded GTX970. I think I still would be able to play this even if I popped in the old/backup GPU HD5770. I was told my rig wouldn't play quite a few games, lo-and-behold, it played fine.

My CPU is from Feb2009, AMD Phenom II x4 810 (2.6Ghz) paired with a recently upgraded GTX970. I think I still would be able to play this even if I popped in the old/backup GPU HD5770. I was told my rig wouldn't play quite a few games, lo-and-behold, it played fine.
It's not surprising considering those are the recommend specs. The minimum specs will be a lot less extravagant.

Your AMD Phenom II X4 810 should be able to hit 3.6GHz if you overclock it. That'll give you quite a noticeable performance boost while you wait for the AMD Zen CPU next year.

Back