Thinkpad Edge E531 Laptop freezes intermittently after repair

Hello everyone,

I had an issue with my Thinkpad Edge Lenovo laptop about a month ago, as it couldn't turn on successfully (was showing a black screen only when the power button was pressed). As a result, due to the fact that my laptop was under warranty, I sent it to the Lenovo repair centre, where they replaced the motherboard and keyboard (this was shown on the repair sheet that was received along with the laptop).

When I received my laptop, I realized that it was freezing every 1 second, which was very frustrating as I couldn't even move the mouse to where I wanted, and generally I wasn't able to perform any tasks at my laptop at all!

As a result, I decided to replace my hard drive as I thought that maybe this was the problem. I bought an SSD hard drive, installed windows 10 on it and again the same problem exists!

The laptop freezes intermittently every 1 second and I cannot actually do anything on it!

My warranty expires in 5 days and I am really worried. Is there anything I can try to do on my laptop to fix this issue?

Or shall I try ringing Lenovo again?

Thanks a lot

Ringing Lenovo again? DEFINITELY.
Read your warranty again, then ring Lenovo.
Document it well - make notes of conversation, copy emails. The previous repair was not fully effective, even though you have basic function.

Back