This case makes me drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

This new case from Thermaltake...I tell ya...it's beautiful. Has 7 total fans - 1 on the top, 2 in the front, 2 in the back, and two in the side, and it finally comes with filters :eek: The blue model is my favorite, but there are others, aluminum and black. This along with the Volcano 11 would look so nice...man! I wish I still had that old beige case :( The Volcano 11 is finally pure copper - something Tt has been withholding.

My stuff is fine now, but man I love Thermaltake.

Dunno about doing my stencil job on that case. The fan grill looks to be in the way.

Wow - Thats one smart case...

How much is it??
Ive browsed the net, but can't find anywhere that sells them...

I've looked for prices too Rusty...still no luck. The blue model is my favorite too, if not Silver...pretty cool stuff!

Looks ugly to me. The new coolermaster shown on hexus.net is one NICE case though.... shame its about 5x over my price limit :)

to be honest, I take practicality and number of features, expansibility over appearance any day.

true some of these recent cases look good, but you can't beat a big, fulsome case.

example:

I buy a full server tower, 7 5 1/4" bays, etc, for my machine.

People laugh at you.

"Look at the size of that thing!"

They are laughing on the other size of their faces when you have 5 HDDs, (4 in RAID 0 config), 3 CD-ROM type devices (i.e DVD-ROM, CD-ROM and CD-RW) and a 500W PSU.

So it looks ugly? Big deal. Stick it under a desk or something.

If I was going to buy a case now, which I don't think I would because the current ones I have (both same model) are perfect for my needs, I would buy this:

http://www.happyware.de/Products/Mini_Cube/mini_cube.html

yy-0110-server.jpg

It also comes in black.... Would have to rid myself of any crap no name PSU, though....

Or...

directron_1723_326904753

...maybe this chappie....

Specifications: Dimension: 18.75"(D) x 8.13"(W) x 25.63"(H) or 470 x 205 x 670mm (DxWxH). Drive Bays: 6 x 5.25" external, 2 x 3.5" FDD external, 6 x 3.5" HDD internal. Fits different size M/B, including 12"Wx 13"L XEON motherboard. Expansion slots: 7. Case fans: 3 x 8cm front fan (optional), 2 x 8cm rear fan (optional), 1 x 9cm rear fan (optional).

Certainly something that could cope with around 6 HDDs, 5 CD-ROM type devices, additional reduncant PSU or even hot-swappable removeable PSU would be good.

You pay for that sort of thing, of course.

DELL have some lovely cases that they, of course, only provide with their servers, but some have space for full size RAID controller card, hot swappable RAID bays, etc....

Give me something like that over some pretty case any day!

Ditto Phant. Function always wins out over beauty in my book.

I have no use for pretty colors, lights, windows or grille covers shaped like cartoon characters.

Me neither. I could not care less about cut out shapes on the side of my machine, neon lights, etc....

Maybe if I was to build a machine especially for being part of a music system to like be a DJ at parties with, or something... Maybe then something that had nice lights and flashed in time to my mp3 might be OK....

But other than that, forget it. I'd rather work out how I can cram an extra 80GB HDD into my system than how to make a Stargate SG1 symbol cutout on the side light up. Sorry but I think its for kids...

I think this case has the best of both worlds, functionality/expandibility and beauty.

People like you will buy what they need, P66, if it's server case or whatnot. I think it would be too big, but that's just me. I have 2 hard drives and 2 5.25 drives. Mid towers are plenty good for me. I'd rather have a single 200GB drive than 5 40GB drives in RAID0 anyway. There are cases to suit everyone's needs, and the Chieftec clones just happen to be mine.

I like the cube - but it doesn't have enough fans for me.

I got my XaserII when it was in it's prime for $129, I imagine this one will debut at ~$175. It's not out yet.

Having a window is fine for me, but I draw the line at custom fan grills, lights, dyed liquid cooling, UV sensitive round IDE cables, etc. Those would just be a waste of money and annoy me anyway. I don't stick anything inside my PC if it doesn't improve performance, or cooling efficiency.

The CoolerMaster Black Widow is pretty cool, hdmk. If it had more fans I'd like it. It only has 3, where there could easily be 4 if they moved that single (LED :dead: ) exhaust fan and squeezed another on the top/bottom of it. That case leans more toward beauty than F and E. And it's only available in the UK anyway :haha:

I agree phant, but I'd still like to have a nice cool looking case. Forget the windows, but still - Anything beats a box like above. Im only using 3 bays, 1HD,1Floppy,1CDROM. Ill get a DVD-RW some time soon, ok, so lets say Im using 4 bays. That still leaves me with a 5 and a 3. The 3 is waiting on a secondary HD. I still have a 5 1/2 open. My case its wicked looking, black and shiny buttons :D Got it for $40, with a PSU! Great deal, dirt cheep:D Why not?

PS:
not too long ago I was posting my 100th post, Im almost at 200. :D
BTW: I dont wanna hear what post your on (....# four thousand blah,blah,blah) - LoL, I think 200s good :p

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Ill get a DVD-RW some time soon, ok, so lets say Im using 4 bays

WTF? You were hesitant about buying DDR but now you've decided to to turn around and buy a DVD burner?!?! What's with that, and what possible use could you find that makes the $300 worth more than like a Geforce FX? Counting the amount of money he spent on his Ti4200, which was around $150 probably...

DVD Burners still have some format issues to sort out. Their price also needs to come down, and the price of the media needs to come down as well. Demand will do this. As more people get broadband and need to burn files that are bigger than 700MB or so, and also when people start to want to write their movies from their digital camcorders onto DVD, then we will see some progress.

Its always the same, really. At first these sorts of things are regarded as high end and posh, then after a while your machine is crap if it doesn't have one.

I remember when this was true of a HDD. "What? You DON'T have to boot from a floppy? What does the floppy drive do then? Do you have to keep that?" ;)

Mind you, if you really want a DVD Burner and have the money, go for it!

I will be waiting.

But I think this time I am with Veh, I would be making the jump to DDR-SDRAM. Its well established now and here to stay.

Well I have a Lian-Li PC-50 mini-midi case sitting in Scotland waiting for my return. I plan to have my PC in my living room once I find some where to buy! and use the Video out for DVD play back. Thats my main reason for opting for a smaller case. It only has three 5 1/4 bays but since I have never filled more than two I really don't need more than 3. I can also fit 3 or maybe 4 hard disks in. So really its enough for my needs. Also being aluminium should make it much lighter than my current generic, power air flow beige case. Looking forward to working with it since it should have a removable motherboard tray and other user friendly features that should make changing hardware etc. quite simple.
I like the Taser case designs apart from the large X on the front. Just a little too "in yer face" for my distinguished tastes :rolleyes: :p

Chris you're crazy. Looks to me like it's a darker blue...

There are silver and red & black models as well...

yeah - i prefer simply cases - and would rather mod it myself - just got a new ATX case to replace my old vaio system - going to mod it up, just need to find the stuff i need here.

the VAIO case would look sweet actually modded up -it is a cool color just would take some extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back