This first-gen Asus Chromebook may be all you need in a secondary laptop for $150

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

When it comes to working on the go, you need a laptop that’s fast and portable, but the need may also arise for a secondary system ideal for web browsing and other simple tasks. The Asus Chromebook C300MA is a capable 13-inch Chromebook that comes well recommended and manufacturer-refurbished models are on sale for just $149.99.

The Chromebook C300MA weighs less than three pounds and can run for up to 10 hours on battery. The C300 is equipped with an Intel Celeron N2830 2.16GHz dual-core processor with Intel HD Graphics, a built-in SD card reader, combo audio jack, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI ports. Additionally, the laptop lets you go online with 802.11ac wireless and Bluetooth 4.0.

The Asus Chromebook C300MA currently retails for $249.99, but you can get this refurbished unit 40% off and for only $149.99.

Permalink to story.

Rubish. I mean Chrome OS. My not-that-tech savvy aunt livin in America bought one for her Mom, my Grandma livin here in Poland, thinking it will replace dead, Win 7 machine - for the sole purpose of running Skype. It will not, at least I haven't figured it out yet. And the prospect of teachin a 90 year old woman to learn using Hangouts or other monopolistic **** of Google Corp is not amusing. Get Your **** together 'Goowniarze'. Yes, I got a feud with Google. Their services I've been using past 10 years are on a spiral down trend. Not listening to users input at all, just requiring their personal data to trade...

It annoys me how this was more portrayed as a product review or announcement than a crappy store deal

Rubish. I mean Chrome OS. My not-that-tech savvy aunt livin in America bought one for her Mom, my Grandma livin here in Poland, thinking it will replace dead, Win 7 machine - for the sole purpose of running Skype. It will not, at least I haven't figured it out yet. And the prospect of teachin a 90 year old woman to learn using Hangouts or other monopolistic **** of Google Corp is not amusing. Get Your **** together 'Goowniarze'. Yes, I got a feud with Google. Their services I've been using past 10 years are on a spiral down trend. Not listening to users input at all, just requiring their personal data to trade...
LOL. Saying google is monopolistic **** while complaining you cant use freaking skype on a chromebook....talk about a hypocrite. If you hated chromeOS so much, why didnt you just put linux on a laptop? No monopoly, and you can use skype with it (again, hypocrite). Something like ubunt/mint is brain dead simple to use.

And before you say "BUT GRANDMA!!1!" my elderly, tech illiterate grandma uses mint just fine. It's got nothing to do with age, and all to do with being bullish and stubborn.

LOL. Saying google is monopolistic **** while complaining you cant use freaking skype on a chromebook....talk about a hypocrite. If you hated chromeOS so much, why didnt you just put linux on a laptop? No monopoly, and you can use skype with it (again, hypocrite). Something like ubunt/mint is brain dead simple to use.

And before you say "BUT GRANDMA!!1!" my elderly, tech illiterate grandma uses mint just fine. It's got nothing to do with age, and all to do with being bullish and stubborn.

I like how in the past 10 years google services are in a downward spiral. 10 years ago Android wasn't even a thing and the majority of google's services were either in there infancy or not created yet. They were mostly just a search engine then.

What services would those be? I recently started using more and more Google services I thought I would never use. To me it seems they are doing a pretty good job.

Back