This hardware good for gaming

By cashblingbling
Sep 24, 2007
  1. Is this desktop good for gaming or if not can yall recommend me a good one for gaming at circuitcity.

Are from these 2 video cards which is a better card for gaming or if these arent good can yall recommend me a good card for gaming at circuitcity..Thanks
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Circuit City is in servere financial trouble, and has laid off a number of their staff. Nobody knows how reliable their support or warranty will be.

I would not get a Compaq Presario without a long warranty... and that one has only one year.
    Both video cards are OK, but they may put a great deal of extra stress on the system, particularly the power supply. I would want a minimum of 500 Watt power supply with 24 amps or higher output... and more is better.
  3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

I agree, Circuit City is doing bad at the moment and are just trying to sell anything so they lowered all the prices from Very high to almost nothing :haha:

Do you live in the US or somewhere else?

If you live in the US you can try for parts to build a computer or buy a prebuilt from there that are pretty good for the price they have.

If you live in Canada then you can try ( I think that's it, don't remember )
  4. cashblingbling

cashblingbling TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 77

then can yall recommend me the best graphic card without having to upgrade the power supply , it has a PCI express slot
  5. I would suggest getting a Dell that matches your needs for computing. This way you can choose the parts that get put into your PC. -

- This should be adequate:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6700 (4MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
    MEMORY 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 DIMMs edit
    HARD DRIVE 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
    OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
    MONITORS 19 inch SE198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    VIDEO CARD 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX
    SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.