This Kickstarter campaign wanted to penalize gamers by drawing their blood

By Shawn Knight
Nov 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Do you suck at video games? If you answered yes, you'd have been the perfect candidate for a game called Blood Sport. Described as the ultimate in immersive gaming, the non-defunct Kickstarter campaign aimed to raise $250,000 CAD to build a multi-player...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +2,171

This was a terrible idea, not because of the cause, but because the technology is impossible to market. Even if you have the cure for cancer, you won't be able to get cash from lay people to develop it if your sales gimmick is absurd at face value.

Learn to bullshit before marketing for causes. It is a necessary skill.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

I'm not at all surprised they pulled the plug on this, it's a downright daft idea, even more so if you're anemic or a hemophiliac.
  4. Giody

Giody TS Rookie

What these vampires will think next?
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,384   +2,171

Nanorobotic sunscreen.
  6. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,298   +668

Sucking blood from gamers? I thought this had already been perfected by EA.
  7. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

I think it was a genuinely good cause except when you consider the stress of more competitive gaming environments and the possibility of fatalities plus the rage they cause becoming a real life fatality..
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Lets hook up an alcohol machine for those who like to drink. That way they can drink drive and die while playing a VR game. Sounds realistic to me!
  9. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,937   +157

I guess they never heard of lawyers.
  10. risc32

risc32 TS Booster Posts: 187   +75

I'd say this is dumb and not really viable at all, but it looks like it might have hit the real goal. you know, to raise awareness for giving blood and all. this idea is so silly, that it'll probably make lots of headlines.
    spectrenad likes this.
  11. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

"Described as the ultimate in immersive gaming, the non-defunct Kickstarter "

Shawn, are you absolutely certain you didn't mean, "now defunct"? :confused: