This metal tribute to the history of video games is a must-see

Shawn Knight

Staff member

YouTuber FamilyJules7X recently put the finishing touches on a tribute to the history of video games. The 17-minute clip takes viewers on a wild ride encompassing more than three dozen classic games dating all the way back to the 1972 release of Pong.

In a description for the clip, the rocker points out the fact that the entire thing was made in just one wee. And not just any week – but the same week of his last year of college finals. That gave him just one day for arranging, one day for drum programming, one day for mixing and mastering and one day to edit the video. The rest of the time was spent recording the footage.

FamilyJules7X is the first to admit that the green screen work isn’t great but I think you’ll be able to overlook that once you hear him shredding. Job well done, sir!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

The music is par for what I'd expect from a metal rendition of VG themes. But I am impressed with how well he's put everything together behind the scenes in such a short time. Nicely done!

One wee, sounds pretty impressive. And not just any wee, the wee of his last year college finals.

Mike__lazenby said:

Terrible

*sigh* Let's keep these comments on youtube.

that means you need go to youtube for read my comment

Back