This mobile charging cable contains 128GB of internal flash storage

Shawn Knight

Staff member

PhotoFast may not be a brand you’re familiar with but the company’s new mobile charging cable may change that. In addition to its standard duties as a charging cable, the aptly-named MemoriesCable contains internal flash-based storage that’s suitable for all sorts of applications.

The MemoriesCable is a slim (13mm long, 9.4g) USB 3.0 charging cable for Lightning connector-equipped iOS devices. Its internal storage – offered in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities – can be used to locally back up contacts, calendars, photos, music, videos and more via its companion app, I-FlashDrive ONE.

As demonstrated in the painfully awkward marketing video, the MemoriesCable can also be used as a portable flash drive of sorts to transport additional music, video and photos on the go. Media can be streamed directly from the external storage device and even pushed out to a television using AirPlay.

If you’re the type that isn’t keen on storing everything in the cloud for security purposes, this could be a solution worth checking into.

The MemoriesCable is compatible with the iPhone 5 and newer, both models of the iPad Air and the iPad mini. The iPod is also listed as a compatible device in the tech specs although specific models aren’t mentioned. You’ll need iOS 7 or later, Mac OS X 8.x or later or a Windows PC running Windows XP or newer, the company says.

Official pricing hasn't been revealed although I did find the 64GB model on Amazon listed at $159.99.

Permalink to story.

Thank God this overpriced gimmick is only compatible with Apples overpriced gadgets. iSheep may be the only saps who'll think it's the bees knees.

Considering how often I see people losing charger cables or breaking them this seems like a bad idea, although it seems like an AWESOME money making opportunity.

Thank God this overpriced gimmick is only compatible with Apples overpriced gadgets. iSheep may be the only saps who'll think it's the bees knees.
Considering how often I see people losing charger cables or breaking them this seems like a bad idea, although it seems like an AWESOME money making opportunity.
Yep but it is an all-in-one, if you are willing to pay for having the one device that does all. The lifetime of the device is a bit irrelevant, when the marketing value is all-in-one. That's the way it has always been. You decide to live with the unfortunate realization of loosing the whole device, if the one part you do use fails.

Back