Three GPUs on system with only one discrete graphics card?

ViPeRMiMiS

Hello guys, I have a question that I can't find an answer on the net anywhere.
If I buy a Sandy Bridge processor such as Core i5 2500K for exaple, this CPU has a GPU inside the CPU right? (HD 3000 right?). Secondly, let's say my motherboard has onboard graphics. So I install a discrete GPU and then I have 3 gpus without crossfire/sli ? How can I use the 3 of them simultaneusly ?
Please answer this question is bugging me for ages xD
Thanks

You can't. Your motherboard (Z68 chipset) might support switching between the discrete cards and the on CPU gpu for power saving. But you basically use one or the other. There is no provision for utilizing the power of all 3 graphics systems.

You can't. Your motherboard (Z68 chipset) might support switching between the discrete cards and the on CPU gpu for power saving. But you basically use one or the other. There is no provision for utilizing the power of all 3 graphics systems.

Thank you very much :D

In your example you only have two GPUs. The Sandy Bridge CPU and a compatible motherboard combine to give you one onboard GPU.

depends on motherboard if you have a amd motherboard and/or apu you can run them with surroundview with a amd discrete graphics card and use all the display outputs

amd's discrete graphics cards support upto 6 displays from a single card using eyefinity technology, and you get superior graphics performance compared to intel

Thank you very much :D
I don't want to use EyeFinity and those useless things. I mean what's the point of using 6 monitors? OMG!! One Monitor FullHD is fine for everyone :D

Back