Tight squeeze. Need help cooling A7N8X Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chudnab

Hello All -

I'm just getting introduced to the world of oc'ing and I'd like to purchase a decent cooling system to get me going.
I'm having a hard time finding heatsinks/fans that are compatible with my MOBO (A7N8X Deluxe). I'm not looking for the super fancy, top dollar, mega-cooling system. Just something that will substantially drop the CPU temp (especially while under full load). Preferably just a heatsink and fan.
It would be great to get some feedback from all you folks who have had experience cooling and oc'ing the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe.

Thank you all in advance!

Chud -

p.s. any thoughts on northbridge cooling for this particular mobo?

Never owned a A7N8X board but I did have something similar. My Abit NF7-S build used a Zalman CNPS7000B copper cooler to cool my AthlonXP. The cooler is a bit on the large side but did the job quite well. I had to trim one side of the bracket to clear a row of capacitors but other than that it fit in there just fine. You'd need to install two retainers onto the board before installation but it wasn't hard.

cnps7000cu-b1.gif

Attached is a pic of what the cooler looked like in my case... gives you an idea of what to look at anyways. I also used a copper fan/heatsink for the Northbridge, which is also visible in the pic attached below. I forget the actual make/model but this little cooler works very good as well. I am actually using it to cool my 650i in my new setup.

Whew, you weren't joking. That's a good sized fan. I appreciate the photo, it really helps to get a better idea of what to expect.

Thanks much for your help. I'll be considering the Zalman CNPS7000B for my MOBO.

Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back