Time 19" TFT Allegedly DVI/VGA but only VGA output

By timbop37
Jan 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have the above TFT monitor. All the descriptors, including web reviews and the manual that came with it, says it has DVI output but there is only a VGA output on the monitor. I have a DVI outlet on my graphics card to which I have connected the monitor using a DVI/VGA convertor and a normal VGA cable. The monitor works well although no different than using the VGA outlet on the card.

My question is: Surely if it is DVI it should have a DVI output on the monitor?
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

If it is truly DVI, it really should have a DVI out.

Some LCDs hide the connectors in really funny places though. Check for removable bezels and hidden spots in the back and underneath the unit.

I have seen DVI LCDs that come with a VGA cable, but not with a DVI cable, so that may be an additional purchase.

They may have also made a VGA-only model, which could be what you ended up with.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.