TechSpot

Tiny PlayStation Vita TV console announced alongside new PS Vita

By Scorpus
Sep 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. During a livestream straight from Japan, Sony has announced a new version of their PlayStation Vita, just three weeks after announcing price cuts for the handheld gaming console. The company has also revealed an interesting device called the PlayStation Vita...

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,966   +389

If people just had dependable hacks running on a vita I would definitely get one. Just to play GBA/SNES games and maybe eventually N64.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Can't believe it's been that long already. A new vita so soon

4. I like the idea of the vita tv and its remote play.
    Maybe these supposedly family orientated machines will be just that. One of, in the front room. Can be played anywhere in the house with a tv n vita unit, but can also be monitored so kids do their homework or get to bed.

The only thing that sucks is the 1080i. I mean I have had my PS3 at 1080p and 720p and cant tell the difference but 1080i is worse that 720p right ? As long as it does 720p I would rather have it set to that. I would rather the 1080i was not even an option in fact. How can in this day and age with 4k ultrahd on its way can they let this product fall short. Oh I am sure its so they make a 1080p / 4k version later for more money I mean why not milk everything else like all these companies do.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,345   +806

Why is it that whenever you see something like a game console advertised you see happy, smiling, joyful faces on the sofa? Who's actually ever seen that in real life? All I've seen & heard are frowns, scowls, swearing and players throwing the controllers around.
    Kinda like cellphone ad's, beautiful young people standing close to each other all smiling sharing pic's etc. but the people I see in real life trying to do the same thing are ordinary looking people, busy cussing & frustrated saying (shouting) "This #@&* contraption never does what it's supposed to, stupid thing". Ah yes, life is not all it's cracked up to be (and neither are any of these gadgets).

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,345   +806

Don't be silly. 4k is not mainstream and won't be for a while yet. If they included 4k it would sky rocket the price right through the roof. The idea here is to sell as many units as possible, not alienate 99.9999% of the worlds population.

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,062   +919

I hope this Vita TV comes to the US, it looks awesome. The lower weight on the new Vita is welcoming.

8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

Not sure how LCD screen is better battery than OLED. Too many bright games?

9. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 281   +32

ORIG PSP + homebrew = success

ikesmasher likes this.
  10. This looks awesome! Now it just needs games and a seasonal sale that makes it $50-$75 cheaper.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.