Tips and Tweaks Section

SuperCheetah

I've been thinking and I just wanted to throw out this suggestion. Would anybody other than myself be interested in a forum that dealt specifically with tips and tweaks? People could post tweaks for Windows or Linux or any other OS and also tips on games and whatnot. Also, ideas on improving graphics cards performance or sound cards or any other hardware option.

I know Techspot already has some great guides up to helping people out with these kinds of questions, but I think this kind of forum would allow for new ideas and thoughts from a variety of different sources. Plus, it could be a place for newbies to go before immediately posting a problem. A current example that comes to mind is the ongoing debate on the sound issues and slow play with GTAIII. People that have it working fine could post their configuration for others to see eliminating the need for numerous posts from different users about their same problems and hopefully solving some problems. An archive or something could be made for the better posts that clearly explain problems and solutions.

I believe a forum like this would help the guide-writers (i.e. Thomas) as well as us normal users looking for information on a certain game or motherboard tweak. Anyway, this is just a thought of course, feel free to post your opinion!!!

Such a section used to co-exist with the overclocking section I think. You are right though - There is no designated section now.

I think that section would be an important addition, but I seem to never like the idea of "diluting" the forum with more sub-categories.

Believe me the worst thing is a forum that has 25 different categories that are essetially one in the same. A cluttered forum is a pet peeve of mine. Still, I feel this could be an important addition to the Techspot community.

I guess its up to Julio really, I mine he decides when and what to add. Maybe he'll drop us a line about this.

Yeah. Tweaks about a certain subject should be posted in their respective threads. I wouldn't like a forum that had discussions on sooo many different subjects, it would be majorly confusing.

Back when I was putting up the new forums I had to decide if I wanted to divide the forums by topic (the way it is now) or by purpose (overclocking, tweaks, etc.) because it wouldn't make sense to mix those... so there you go ;)

Back