Tomato firmware or..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a router called Belkin F5D7633au4A. My question is very simple, though i could not find any information on the subject. Tomato is not supported on this model - so my only option would be to buy a new router.

This belkin router i have currently cost $200. Question one, specs in the router, Could i buy a $50 router, install tomato firmware - and then it would function better than the Belkin? Is it really the firmware that is the main thing people look for when it comes to routers? I don't know anything about them therefore i don't know, but I don't know if the specs are the things i should be looking out for. Tomato comes with a signal booster, so that should be a huge improvement.

Here is a link of tomato. LIFEHACKER DOT COM/344765/turn-your-60-router-into-a-user+friendly-super+router-with-tomato

Yes, the firmware is MUCH better than my routers firmware, for one my router doesnt have QoS. If i got the cheap router from the guide there, would it actually function better though the specs may be worse?

Thanks for your time to read this and I would also like to thank you for any answers in advance.

-Apaz.

So what is the problem with only using the proper Belkin firmware upgrade for this expensive router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back