Toshiba A105: Failed BIOS flash; now no BIOS access & won't boot

Im working on a Toshiba Laptop A105-4284, Model #: PSAA8U-0FH02K that froze while trying to flash the BIOS, so I didnt know what else to do but shut it off. Now, when I try to boot it up, it gets stuck in the same place it did during the flashing; on the Toshiba splash screen with the status bar at the bottom showing about 20% complete. I cant get into the BIOS and cant boot into Windows. Other options available on this screen are Press F2 for System Settings and F12 for Boot Menu. Pressing F2 results in a beep and the status bar changing to "Please Wait..." but nothing else happens no matter how long I wait. Pressing F12 doesnt do anything. Pressing ESC takes me to a screen that shows the typical system info -- Phoenix Technologies Version 6.00; Intel Calistoga CRB.T3A Reference BIOS; VERSION.MAK 1.53; (looks like its running POST and recognizes CPU, Cores, No TPM or TPM has a problem, and system RAM and stops there. What is my best course of action?:

- shorting out the CMOS battery (I've tried this on the solder pads marked C88, with no laptop battery, with and without the wi-fi, ram and hdd installed; Im either doing it wrong or its just not working :p )
- trying to reflash BIOS chip (I tried this; turned the laptop on and held down the 'c' key to boot from cd, but still got stuck at the same place)
- replacing the BIOS chip
- something else?

Any guidance or information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any additional info from me.

Thanks so much in advance!

NorCalGirl

Toshiba Laptop A105-4284, Model #: PSAA8U-0FH02K; Windows MCE 2005? SP3 (I believe) 32-bit; 1GB RAM, ???

Im trying to figure out why I've had no replies yet.

Have I asked a stupidly easy question that everyone is rolling their eyes to and cant bear to tell me the answer? Or have I stumped everyone?

I have a hard time believing this is a stumper. I've found the same question posted elsewhere on the net and shorting the CMOS seemed to help. That or removing the battery altogether (its soldered to the board), but I dont think Im doing it right. Can someone give me directions on that?

or is this just a lost cause? :-/

Thanks in advance

Back