Toshiba A215-S4697 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a toshiba a 215-s4697 and all of a sudden the sound and the usb and the modem stopped working. i tried to do a system restore in normal and in safe mode and it still didn't work. I also tried to run it through all the virus and malware scans and it did not find anything. so i don't know what is wrong with it now. I need some major help. oh i am running on a vista.

Are those ports close together? Possible short on the motherboard, or if you had a powerouttage/brownout, maybe it blew the ports?

Do the devices show in Device Manager as properly installing/working? (to get to Device Manager, Right click My Computer, click Manage. Select Device Manager along the left side. If there are any marked with yellow, they are probably missing drivers, possibly corrupt..

help

the device manager shows yellow signs next to everything and it says that everything is missing i don't understand where it could have gone.

Drivers might have somehow got corrupt. I suggest going to the website of the manufacturer of the laptop, finding that model and downloading all the drivers for that model. make sure it is for the right operating system as well as 32bit or 64 bit depending on what u have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back