Toshiba announces Tecra M11 business notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Toshiba has unveiled the latest member in their business class series of notebooks. The Tecra M11 will debut with prices starting as low as $879, featuring a 14-inch 1366 x 768 LED backlit screen, 2.13GHz Core i3 processor, Intel's integrated graphics, 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard drive and a DVD burner. Of course, that price tag will increase depending on the level of customization that you go with.

Toshiba offers a handful of pre-built models to choose from, including one that bumps the hard drive to 320GB for a mere $20 more, another sporting a faster Core i5 430M and 3GB of RAM which brings the price up to $1,029, and a third one that adds an Nvidia Quadro NVS 2100M graphics card on top of that for a total cost of $1,229. All of them come with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) installed, a charcoal black exterior and a 6-cell battery.

Other than that you can configure the Toshiba Tecra M11 with up to 8GB of RAM, a 2.66Ghz Core i7 processor and a 128GB SSD. In terms of ports and connectivity, you can expect Wi-Fi 802.11 a/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, one ExpressCard, two USB 2.0 ports and one eSATA/USB 2.0 port with Sleep and Charge.

Permalink to story.

Excellent laptop specs, but horrible to use. It still has the traditional thick casing with a bulky feel and with overheating problems like it's predecessors, judging by how the inside is being built.......
comparing to its rivals , the Acer gemstone 4740, Timeline x 4820, Fujitsu LH700 series, it is worst off in so many ways. For eg, for the same price you can get a bit better specs, like a bigger hard disk, better graphics card. thinner, longer battery life, better reliability (across the three given rivals)

freelance professional computer analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back