Toshiba intros 64GB NAND flash chip, iPhone and iPod touch to get storage boost?

By Jos
Dec 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toshiba has announced plans to bring a 64GB NAND flash module to the market. The new package is composed of sixteen 32 gigabit NAND chips built using a 32nm manufacturing process and a dedicated memory controller. The company is already sampling the 64GB module and expects mass production to begin during Q1 of 2010.

Read the whole story
  2. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Pricing makes a big difference, but I concur that this looks like prime target for Iphone/Ipod. Does anyone have a link to a article on the "space constraints" issue for the iphone? Sounds like a marketing not technical decision to me to try to differentiate the ipod touch a bit from the iphone.
  3. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Hopefully the Zune HD will get a capacity boost too! Not sure who the supplier is for the Zune, but once one company does something, the competition does it too...
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Yes, I'll be waiting for a higher capacity flash drive. Right now I'm stuck on hard drive 'media' players fro the capacity. upgrading from my existing 30gb zune to a 32gb zune hd seems to me a bit counterproductive...considering higher quality video takes up more space.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.