TechSpot

Toshiba Laptop Freezes unless several applications are running

By wollein
Oct 21, 2007
  1. I have Toshiba M45 s269, recently whenever I started up my computer after all of the applications finished loading on start up it would freeze. I kept playing around with it and discovered it doesn't freeze in safe mode, so i thought it was a windows problem. I backed up all of my files and formated the computer and installed a fresh version of windows xp. the same thing still happened. So i kept playing with it and I found out when I run a virus sweep or I watch a dvd the computer wont freeze. ?? I have never heard of anything like that before. So thats how i have been using my laptop since. having a dvd playing in the background, my first question is how can this be fixed or what needs to be replaced.? Second is playing a dvd all the time bad for the laptop, or doing a virus search constantly bad for the computer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks-Andrew

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,922   +167

Maybe a video driver problem... This usually happens when many things are running, not the other way around

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.