Toshiba Laptop: Lots of issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I joined the board in hopes that someone could help me out.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and for the past month or so I have been having a problem with the stand by and hibernate modes. Whenever it goes into either mode it cannot recover and I have to turn it off by pushing the power button.
I thought I had a solution by changing a setting so that it does not change to hibernate or stand by but now if I leave my laptop idle for too long it just becomes unresponsive and again I have to shut it off manually.

So if I leave it for too long I can't do anything. It just shows whatever screen it was left on and I can't do anything.

Any help about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Has it been set to turn off the hard disks and stuff? The Toshiba management console has power options where you can set the time after which if the laptop is idle, it will turn your hard disks and screen off. Maybe that is the case? Check it out and report back.

I have a new Toshiba laptop and everytime I reboot the brightness goes to the highest setting

I turn it down using Fn+F6 but then when I restart it goes back to full brightness.

Is there somewhere else I can change this setting?

Thanks

Reinstall the recovery disc, watching closely for the settings approvals when they come up.

LouB, you should really create a new thread because your problem is different from the originl poster's. Plus you will probably receive better help that way.

OK I have the Recovery DVD but I cannot run the DVD because Windows doesn't know how to run a file with the PQI extension.

halo71 said:
LouB, you should really create a new thread because your problem is different from the originl poster's. Plus you will probably receive better help that way.

thanks... will do

i'm used to being part of forums where they discourage extra threads but i guess here it's 1 thread per problem which makes sense for those helping out

OK I ran the DVD with cold boot but it said I will lose everything if I run the recovery. Am I basically losing everything on my computer if I do this because I would rather just have it require a restart if I leave it for too long then lose all my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back