Toshiba Qosmio Laptop (Windows 7) Freezes after login

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I've unscrewed a minor part of the bottom of my laptop to see if there was anything in there that might need cleaning, and sure enough, there was a bunch of orange gunk. After cleaning it with clorox wipes, careful of not touching any of the hardware, I've screwed the top back on, and shortly after, my computer freezes shortly after logging in. My desktop icons show up, but right before they fully load, everything freezes. It works 100% in safe mode. The fact that it freezes and works in safe mode made me believe that this isn't a hardware issue, but a drivers (software) issue and can be fixed with some troubleshooting.

I have a thread on the Toshiba forums where people are currently trying to assist me, but I believe this forum might have more experts, (and they are taking their sweet time :) ). I hope you review that thread also when trying to assist me.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Comput...775-Windows-7-freezes-after-login/td-p/503791

Thank you for your time!

" there was a bunch of orange gunk" What kind of orange gunk? Are you one that eats over his keyboard?

Back