Toshiba Satellite 1110: I have to press F1 for it to startup

By Keliud
Jan 17, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a toshiba satellite 1110. I recently partitioned the hard drive and have been having problems were it keeps crashing. Is suspect that my ram is too small i only have 128 and it runs on windows XP. However my problem is that when i start up the computer it stops when it gets to a page showing the toshiba logo and i have to press F1 for it to continue and start up.

I have gone to bios and reloaded the default setting
    I have reformated the hard drive containing the operating system

But i still have the problem

Please HELP!!!

regards
    Keliud
  2. GAZZAERE08

GAZZAERE08 Newcomer, in training

Toshiba Satellite 1110 Wont boot up without pressing F1!

It could be a Problem with your CMOS battery which is the date/time battery for the BIOS to keep the date/time correct. I had an Iridium Starbook 200 Notebook and it had the same problem and what I usually did was go into the BIOS and reset the clock and save the changes and it would be fine afterwards but I dont know if you are experiencing the same problem. I too have a Toshiba Satellite 1110 Laptop but I have no problems with it!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.