TechSpot

toshiba satellite won't start up

By solidfunk
Dec 11, 2006
  1. hey there! my toshiba satellite 1800 system unit won't start up!

its been giving me a lot of trouble since i bought it used 3 months ago. when i hit the startup button, nothing happens. Well the light beside the ppicture of the disk and cd lights up for a minute then dies. Also, afterwards the light on the front that shows the plug in wire begins blinking orange. this happened before a couple of weeks ago and i fixed it by tilting the laptop on its back then restarting in safe mode and everything was fine. At the time, it initially turned off because i picked it up off te table. for a while it would start, but turn off as soon as i pushed a button or picked the machine up. i thought it was a loose wire but then why did starting it up in windows safe mode seem to work last time? i literally shook the thing after to see if there was still a problem and it didnt turn off. this time, it wont even start up at all. the screen doesnt even turn on.i tried undoing all the screws to look inside so i could at least see if something is loose but the top wouldnt come off.

any help is appreciated! thhanks

2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Taking a laptop apart is a complicated business and is usually left to the professionals to do!!

A repair shop is about your only option!!

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

read the FAQs in the guides forum about laptops not booting.
    Could be a bad power pack, dead battery, or switch.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.