Total noob building a PC....HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am thinking of building my own pc but don't know too much, please help. i am working to a budget of around £800 GBP, here are my plans:
MOBO: Asus M2NPV-VM AM2 Skt940
GRAPHICS: EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT KO 256MB DDR3 PCI-E
RAM: OCZ® Special Operation Edition 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz
CPU: AMD AM2 Athlon 64 Dual Core 4200
I dont know whether to swap the Mobo for an ASUS P5B Skt775 and use an Intel E6300 Duo Core Insted.

All advice is greatly appreciated and possible upgrades for similar price.
Will it work also?
Cheers

1st off, Welcome. 2nd how much is that in USD? 3rd, i'm sure someone with a whole lot more knowledge is gonna come along soon and help you,but I was reading a similar thread yesterday and they said the Intel setup runs alot cooler and uses less power. It would be my choice.

Hey there,

I think that the Intel looks like a really good cpu as long as its the Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40 GHz because of the 4mb. I see you have chose to go with 2gb ocz but why? its alot better to spend more money on graphics card and processor then wast it all in the ram. You should rally only need 1gb but it is nice to have 2gb. I think that the AM2 bois for boards really suck compared to the 775 boards so try out the intel it should run cooler.

What are you going to do about the case, power supply, HDD, and all other stuff?

800 gbp = around 1600 canadian dollars = about 1500-1400 usd

For the cpu, go core 2 duo. It is cheaper aind better. Make sure you stick to a 775 and not 765. There is a noticable difference.
Your graphics card is good.

If you are planning on upgrading to a quad core or something other than a core2duo at some point in the near future, you may want to look for a 975x motherboard, so you don't have to replace the whole mobo when you want to upgrade. May also want to look for one which is SLI ready if you wanted use two nvidia cards at any point.

Roamex said:
What are you going to do about the case, power supply, HDD, and all other stuff?

Cases aren't too hard to pick out, just make sure that it has a good built in power supply and you don't have to worry about buying one seperately. HDDs are dirt cheap now. I saw a SATA 300 gig for 60 bucks canadian (or 30 gbp) the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back