Transcoding takes way to long

Status
Not open for further replies.

girishrane

Hi,
I tried to put 3x 30 mins mini DVD RW in to one 4.6 DVDR using nero .... But why does it take so long to transcode VOB files? They are already in DVD format so what is there to encode? It took 1 hr and 15 mins to transcode and then another 10 mins to write. I think its too much for 4 gb data thats in DVD format....
Can some expert enlighten me , may be I'm doing wrong. Also I noticed that burnt DVD is not so fantastic in quality. I used best resolution.
Here is the config
cam DCD DVD 403
my Laptop Dell 1505 with core duo T2300 procesors , 2 GB ram and 80 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive. DVD media fujifilm DVDR 16 X
Thanks
Girish

If they're already in VOB format you don't have to do anything. You just need an authoring program to create the disc. You could even use something like DVDShrink to create the disc. Just import each VOB file and then have it create the disc with no compression, then burn it.

Its either that or you can just "burn" it into an image file on your hdd once then just use nero or something to burn that image through to your dvds

The poor quality of the burn is probably a result of using DVDRW media. better to use DVD+R or DVD-R. if you just have to use DVDRW then I would suggest slowing down the speed of the burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back