Transformers movie!

What did you think of "Transformers" the movie?

• Total voters

nickslick74

I have seen the movie twice and loved it! The plot was kinda weak, but for pure viewing enjoyment it rocked. I found the CGI to be spectacular, especially with how close they were able to reproduce human motions. I have also heard that there will be a second installment coming in 2009, so I guess ILM should get their computer farm revved up!

So what did you all think?

yes the 2nd movie is already being worked on. I have a friend in California that's working on some cgi. They use quads too now!

About Those Weak Plots.......

nickslick74 said:
I have seen the movie twice and loved it! The plot was kinda weak, but for pure viewing enjoyment it rocked. I found the CGI to be spectacular, especially with how close they were able to reproduce human motions. I have also heard that there will be a second installment coming in 2009, so I guess ILM should get their computer farm revved up!

So what did you all think?
Good CGI and action will always trump plots which offer a long winded, insightful and tedious examination into the human condition. Unless you like sleeping under the theater's air conditioning.

I liked it. Normally I think cheap attempts at humor degrade an otherwise decent movie, but the times that happened in this movie felt appropriate. Like that kid's sarcasm/attitude, for example after the bike crash and when he's talking to the cop in the police station.

Come on, a tech forum and only 3 response to the Transformers movie? I know more of you went to see it. I know who you are, where you live, what you ate for dinner last night and what you favorite color is.:giddy:

So come on everyone and fess up!

Ummm...

I can't afford to go out to the movies, what with paying credit card bills, (run up at Newegg), and the like. This is an unexpected blessing, since I won't be caught in public watching it. You can bet I'll be first in line at Blockbuster the day it drops on DVD. BTW, I've always thought that "Transformers" was one of the cleverest art concepts to ever hit the street. In fact, it was "pinched" in the movie "Returner", which is quite entertaining in it's own right. I'm not typing the synopsis on that one, (slow at the keyboard), but you can hit IMBD if you're curious.

What a badass movie! I saw it, and I instantly felt the flood of memories of the Old Transformers badassness again. Fantastic action and special effects, though I could care less for the desperate and undersexed hero. Some parts felt tedious, like the house scene (Just find the damned glasses already!). The majority of the movie was incredible and awesome. Makes me feel like a kid again :grinthumb

Undersexed......?

RedVision_350 said:
Fantastic action and special effects, though I could care less for the desperate and undersexed hero. :grinthumb

I assume you're referring to Josh Duhamel? You probably wouldn't like "Las Vegas" (NBC Fridays) then. Although he is ,ahem, with Molly Simms on that show

The chick in Transformers was pretty hot, looks a bit trashy outside of the movie though (other movies and pictures you can find online). Actually she kind of looked like that in the movie too, but it wasn't enough to be put off, maybe it was her personality that made up for it.

I am burnt out watching this movie.. Some special effects were good. I don't care for the guy in the film I felt he was over actiing.. Like stealing shots away from the robots and etc.. A lot of actors in this one with short parts to read at times it was funny. CHEV showed off their new Camero, so sells of that car when it comes out will hit the roof.. Oh joy!

Hmmm....

SNGX1275 said:
The chick in Transformers was pretty hot, looks a bit trashy outside of the movie though (other movies and pictures you can find online). Actually she kind of looked like that in the movie too, but it wasn't enough to be put off, maybe it was her personality that made up for it.

Trashy, that would be a problem because......? Brittany Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Hillary Swank, April Scott, Pamela Anderson..... I could go on, mercifully I won't

Good:
shia_labeouf3.jpg

Not so good:
MeganFox_Alexa_14454428_400.jpg

tipstir said:
CHEV showed off their new Camero, so sells of that car when it comes out will hit the roof.. Oh joy!
Personally I don't like the look of the new Camero. The car I did like was the Saleen S281 E Mustang (550 HP & 500 lbs torque). When it was running flat out I loved the sound of the supercharger at full tilt.:hotbounce

Tthis movie is so so so so so great! i loved it, probably one of my favouritemovies ever. very funny aswell. as soon as i saw it, i rushed home and made a transformers myspace layout lol!

Fr3ddi30 said:
as soon as i saw it, i rushed home and made a transformers myspace layout lol!

Step awaaayyy from the computer. There is nothing to see.....heeeerrrre! :rolleyes:

Thankfully, TP proved I'm not the only one who thought the animated movie was better. This one was too...err...Hollywoody...if that's a word ;)
I paid $20 for this movie and I thought most of it went to waste. Only the last half-an-hour was worth it.

Sucks you had to spend that much. I saw it at a local theater here for something like $7.50. Then I saw it in an awesome theater in Denver for something like $5. I spent less than $10 at the movie in Denver with popcorn and a soda.

I haven't seen the animated one, I have watched some of the cartoons. I'm sure I saw most or all of the cartoons when I was a little kid, but I've forgotten everything, but I acquired them again and watch when I get a chance and feel like it.

Just got a HD DVD copy from Netflix. I haven't seen it yet but will do in the next few days. I believe it's going to be a good way to use the Xbox's HD DVD drive for the first time (bundled King Kong sucks IMHO).

I bought it on regular DVD. Wish I had an HDDVD player, but I'd like to see load up times for disks to drop and for them to come down in price. They really shouldn't be that expensive.

I can't remember the animated series. I remember having some of the toys in the 80's though.

The movie was ok - typical Bay movie - but CGI was good as it didn't stand out as being too CGI-like.

Back