Travel back in time with this new Google Maps Street View feature

By Shawn Knight
Apr 23, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A new Google Maps Street View feature allows users to turn back the clock and get a look at areas as they stood years ago. It's not quite as good as having a time machine as you can only view...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

I think this will be more useful for knowing when pictures AREN'T years old.
    LukeDJ likes this.
  3. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,292   +55

First get the present location data/maps to work then worry about time travel.
  4. Dirrogate

Dirrogate Banned

>>From the hard science novel "Memories with Maya" ..."The imagery was replaced by a street I recognized immediately as Mumbai.

“Care to enlighten me more?” I asked. I couldn't help turning around and seeing so many people walking past me, It was almost claustrophobic. Over the sound of horns and street children playing, he explained. “I was with Satish and he had these ideas for enhancing the Wizer's visuals. You know how the environment artists are,” he said.

“So it's mapping video texture over the live geometry. Cool,” I said.
    “Yeah, the breakthrough is I can freeze a frame… freeze real life as it were, step out of the scene and study it.”