Trojan/ Spyware/Adware Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys first off - I'am a complete noob when it comes to this, hence I'am needing some fast help :) so pardon my ignorance at what may seen simple lol.

Well I have the latest version of Ad-Aware (thats free anyway), I ran it and it deleted all it could find but I noticed a icon in the system tray of a shield with a cross in it, I ignored it, and sure enough it had a bubble come out and say something along the line of "Your computer has been infected with spyware, click here for the latest software", so being the sceptic I'am I opened my task manager to see if there was anything strange and then I saw ipmon.exe, tried to end the application but the little blighter kept coming back :( I then googled ipmon and got a load of technical jargon on some forums, about different programs, safe mode, HighJack This, etc.

I'am sorry but I need someone to help me here because quite frankly I'am crap at this type of thing, so I would very greatly appreciate any help anyone on this forum can give :D I would like it if the way to fix it was free because I'am broke lmao :p

Thanks alot,

Ryan

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is definitely infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of rmurph17 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back