Trouble finding driver for SoundMAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvrslep303

I've been looking for the right drivers for my soundcard, but I haven't found the right one yet.

I was hoping you guys would look at my MB specs and tell/link me the right one

Heres my Motherboard specs

Property Value
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model P5B-Deluxe
Version Rev 1.xx
Serial Number MB-1234567890

Chipset Vendor Intel Corporation
Chipset Model P965/G965 Memory Controller Hub
South Bridge 82801HB/HR (ICH8/R) LPC Interface Controller
SMBus Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller @0400h

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo
Cpu Socket LGA775 [LGA 775]
Processor Upgrade
Max CPU Speed 3800 MHz

System Slots 6 PCI

OnBoard devices
Ethernet (Enabled) Onboard Ethernet

Memory Summary
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 4096 MBytes
Memory Slots 4
Error Correction None
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 2048 MBytes

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

Can you guys show me which drivers are right? I tried using links in another soundmax topic but it told me I didn't have the drivers..

Go HERE and input the information for your motherboard requested. In the first drop down list select Motherboard. In the second drop down list, select 775. In the third drop down list, select P5B-Deluxe.

When you get to the downloads page for your mobo, click the +sign next to Audio. That will take you to your audio drivers download page.

Regards Howard :)

tyvm, but apparently I already have the latest versions. The *****s at customer service at Unleashthefury.com, keep telling me my video and sound drivers are out of date and that's why its not working. They probably have no idea why its messed up and they're just making up excuses

It`s possible that your onboard sound chip has died.

What does it say in your device manager under sound, video and game controllers?

Open your volume control and make sure nothing is muted. I know it sounds silly, but I have run into that problem before very occasionally.

If it`s still a no go, then I suggest the onboard sound chip has died and you will need to purchase a separate sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back