Trouble Shooting: DVD Drive running Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm running vista, and I must say its crap but i have managed, but my trouble is... after running vista for awhile all the sudden my DVD player stopped working my computer recognized it but i twas "corrupt" i tried updating my drivers etc etc nothing worked

i was using this DVD drive: NEC DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3540A - OEM

so after trouble shooting with it i figured it must be broke, so.....

i purchased this and installed it today: LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM [LINK]

now my computer recognized it and got an error with the driver install, the driver it is attempting to run is a drive from microsoft it doesnt seem to be working....

does anyone know what is wrong, again im running vista, from reviews of this product on newegg it said it worked with vista

I am no driver expert. But I would say that your first drive still works, you just have some corrupt drivers. Wait and see what other advice you get from other people here. But I am curious, what other issues have you had with Vista to say that its crap?

Oh yeah, what version of Vista are you running? Seems like the most people I see that have issues with Vista are running the basic version.

halo71 said:
I am no driver expert. But I would say that your first drive still works, you just have some corrupt drivers. Wait and see what other advice you get from other people here. But I am curious, what other issues have you had with Vista to say that its crap?

Oh yeah, what version of Vista are you running? Seems like the most people I see that have issues with Vista are running the basic version.

yeah once this drive didnt work i assumed the first drive still works, im running home premium 32 bit, vista isnt crap but XP is better, it uses too much RAM, driver problems, many programs dont work, my xbox 360 webcam doesnt work on vista even though they are supposed to work for pc, and it sais contact microsoft for a driver update for microsoft windows vista??? kinda weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back