Trouble with an HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I own an HP Pavilion dv5000 and it has been giving me some troubles these past weeks. At first it was a problem with it constantly rebooting after having displayed the good old Windows XP loading Black Screen. Today it started to behave strangely again, and I tried to control the situation. Since nothing happened and the OS was completely stopped and the screen had frozen, I rebooted it the old school (the very stupid way: you remove the batteries and the alimentation)

When I tried to put it to work again, there's the black screen with the "HP Invent" thing and then nothing happens afterwards. I ran BIOS and I can't see the name of my HD anywhere, nor can I make the OS work in the "mode without mistakes", nor any option available when I press F5 right after the black screen appears.

Can someone help me? I'd be very thankful, since my situation is a bit desperated.

Oh, and excuse my english, I might have a few mistakes.

Thanks everyone!

your hdd may be broken. if you need information from this hdd, i recommend you to put it in service-centre,which can restore info's from hard drives.
another reason: if you can't boot from DVD drive - the southbridge chip may also been broken. in this case - only the MB repairing or replacing can solve the problem.
and what's the model of your notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back