TechSpot

Trouble with an HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop.

By Kryon Moonspell
Jul 11, 2007
  1. Hi everyone!

I own an HP Pavilion dv5000 and it has been giving me some troubles these past weeks. At first it was a problem with it constantly rebooting after having displayed the good old Windows XP loading Black Screen. Today it started to behave strangely again, and I tried to control the situation. Since nothing happened and the OS was completely stopped and the screen had frozen, I rebooted it the old school (the very stupid way: you remove the batteries and the alimentation)

When I tried to put it to work again, there's the black screen with the "HP Invent" thing and then nothing happens afterwards. I ran BIOS and I can't see the name of my HD anywhere, nor can I make the OS work in the "mode without mistakes", nor any option available when I press F5 right after the black screen appears.

Can someone help me? I'd be very thankful, since my situation is a bit desperated.

Oh, and excuse my english, I might have a few mistakes.

Thanks everyone!

2. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

your hdd may be broken. if you need information from this hdd, i recommend you to put it in service-centre,which can restore info's from hard drives.
    another reason: if you can't boot from DVD drive - the southbridge chip may also been broken. in this case - only the MB repairing or replacing can solve the problem.
    and what's the model of your notebook?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.