Trouble with mobo/firewire connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently built my first computer and I cannot find out where to plugin the firewire port form the front panel to the mobo. There is place where the front USB ports are connected to but no place to plug in the firewire. Is there anyadapter I can buy so I can just plugit into the internal firewire port on my firewire card? The end of the firewire cable coming from the front firewire port looks like the same kind of plug that is on the end of the wires coming from the front USB ports and the end of the wires from the case fans that plug into the mobo. Any suggestions will be greatly apppreciated.

Well, first to the obvious (I'm sure you've tried this already); did you look in the instruction manual? If it's not listed there, your motherboard probably doesn't have the pins on it to plug in the firewire, even though your case has a firewire port.

From your question about the adaptor, I'm guessing that your firewire card doesn't have the same pin configuration as the wires coming from the front of the case. There is no adaptor that I know of; but perhaps you can Google for it.

Happy Hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back