Troubles with an old monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed a monitor for my new system and i didn't have the money to buy a new one so my freind gave me one that he had laying around. It looks pretty old. I hook it up and start the computer and the boot screen comes up and it shows the windows start up screen and it looks fine. As soon as it goes into windows the monitor goes black. What is the problem here? I don't know what to do.

Cannonball said:
I needed a monitor for my new system and i didn't have the money to buy a new one so my freind gave me one that he had laying around. It looks pretty old. I hook it up and start the computer and the boot screen comes up and it shows the windows start up screen and it looks fine. As soon as it goes into windows the monitor goes black. What is the problem here? I don't know what to do.

The monitor is just really old for it to do that but here is a nice lcd monitor It comes in black to. If you can afford it great if not then try www.compusa.com

Here is a good lcd: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824221005

Good luck

Has it behaved normally with any other monitor or is this the only monitor you've ever hooked up to this new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back