Troubles With OBlivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperX670yo

i get the "The oblivion launcher could not find the oblivion game executable" and some other errors when i try to play so i try to uninstall it via running the setup.exe and a load bar appears with 1 green bar and it says uninstalling oblivion, then 5 seconds later a message pops up and says oblivion has been removed from your computer, then i click finish, run the setup again then the same thing happens, and if i put the disk in it still gives me all the options play, options, data files, etc. but if i click play i get the error. also even if i try removing it from the add/remove programs it wont let me uninstall it it gives me some large error and sometimes it does the same load bar with 1 green bar 5 seconds later the message pops up..... so how can i reinstall this game cause im dying to play...

Any help would be appreciated thanks,

also so far bethesda softworks has been no help.
i also got 1.5gb of ram and a nvidia geforce 7800

Hello

I would recomend using a 3rd party program to force an removal of the program.
I know CCleaner is a free program that has one. It can be found HERE

it gives the same error when i try to uninstall it but i can delete the entry would that work?

by the way the error is a RUNDLL and it gives me a long program like C:/runtime/...//....
then it says module could not be found
this happens when i try to uninstall

Ok I did some digging.

Seems there is an issue with a CD drive burning/monitoring program roxio (popular on dells and other OEMs) and oblivion. Do you have this program?

If it will not uninstall with CCleaner then you will have to manually remove the game.

Now this takes very little skill but you will be messing with some sensitvie stuff so only delete EXACTLY what I wrote. You have ANY doubt post back here before deleting.

Go To C:/ -> Program Files -> and delete Bethesda folder. Then,

click the 'Start' button and look for the 'Run' tab. Type in 'regedit' into the box and you'll be forwarded to a registry editor folder. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. In that folder, search for a 'SOFTWARE' folder. In there, you'll be able to find the install folder for Oblivion. delete the whole install folder and you've totally removed Oblivion from your system.

i appreciate the help but still no luck i deleted the whole folder and then i put in the disk and the same thing happens again then i go back the the regedit and the bethesda folder is back and the C:/program files/bethesda doesnt exist on my comp.... also it is still in the add/remove programs. i dont know why it just wont uninstall and it still says its taking up 4000 something mb on my comp

ok so after repeating those steps over and over again i finally got rid of some of oblivion now instead of taking up 4,000 it takes a 29.4, now i cant figure out how to get rid of that (still wont let me install it)

I am sorry to say, I have run out of ideas. Maybe another member will know what to do.

i deleted the whole folder and then i put in the disk and the same thing happens again then i go back the the regedit and the bethesda folder is back and the C:/program files/bethesda doesnt exist on my comp.... also it is still in the add/remove programs.

This happened to me too, I tried to delete it through Add/Remove then it didnt work because it didnt "Exist" on my computer so I just deleted it from the folders / regedit then I tried to Explore the CD from My Computer and put the Setup again and try and delete it and it worked.

Maybe you could try that?

ok using ccleaner i deleted then entry and it worked!, so everything is fixed.... i appreciate the help AtK SpAdE and TimeParadoX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back