TechSpot

Trying to get into Toshiba BIOS

By fantom
Oct 13, 2005
  1. Trying to boot into Toshiba laptop BIOS so i held the ESC key and it prompts me to then hit the FI key and then im at the Boot Screen for Safe mode or normal.
    I'm trying to change the boot order so that i can boot to the windows xp cd since the laptop will only boot to windows and freeze. Can help would be appreciated.

Fantom

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Laptops are tricky, you just never know. Until someone comes along who actually knows the answer....

I usually just go nuts on buttons. Eventually you'll find the right one.

Try the del button first. That's where I'm puttin' my money.

3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

Some of the newer Toshiba laptops use the F1 key during bootup to acess the bios.

4. fantom

fantom TS Rookie Topic Starter

toshiba laptop

del or f1 didnt work

5. iss

iif what you are trying to acheive is to reformat and reinstall windows does the toshiba have a floppy drive? if it does you can use a boot disk and then use command to run setup from the XP disk in the CD Rom.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,351   +622

my mx35-s161 uses F12 to change boot order, F2 for bios :)

7. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

I'd suggest F2

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

8. fantom

toshiba

i only have a cd drive not a floppy..yes im trying to boot to the win xp cd to reformat the drive and reinstall win xp.

9. iss

Does it also have the option of booting to command prompt when you do the above?

10. fantom

toshiba

i got it to work...F2 changed the boot order so i got it to boot to the win xp cd..thx

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.