Turning off keyboard [after pc enters hibernation]

By zanic
Apr 25, 2007
  1. Hi, when i press a key on the keyboard [ps2 connection] it turns the pc on [which is in XP Home's Hibernate mode]. I don't want this to happen, but i still want to use Hibernate mode for a quicker bootup/shutdown.

The keyboard does not have a "Power Management" features [in Device Manager] like the network card has. Also, the bios wake up features are all turn off. Can anyone help?

*[Keybooard looks like a standard keyboard that doesn't have multi-media features, etc.. on it]
  2. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

i think its supposed to do that.. unless you want to disconnect the keyboard completely, which i wont know what would happen if you do so...
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Are you sure you are hibernating and not in standby? E.g. you get the BIOS screen first when you wake up?

Anything waking you from hibernation is most definitely a BIOS setting and should be configurable there. Maybe try a BIOS update?
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

You might want to try the USB keyboard.
    Othewise, since you have already turned off the wake-up features, you are probably out of luck unless you want to unplug the keyboard each time.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.