TechSpot

Twitter is adding content to your timeline from people you don't follow whether you like it or not

By Shawn Knight
Aug 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Twitter is pretty straightforward in that you only see tweets, retweets and promoted tweets from people you follow. Or at least that used to be the case.

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,565   +2,373

This has been happening for a while. If I didn't use Twitter to keep up on a few people I know, I would have dumped the service a while ago.

3. This works great on Google+ because of everything Google knows about me from other applications such as Chrome, but I don't think it'll work so well with Twitter.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

I wonder what content they're gonna add to my empty timeline... I only reason I have a Twitter account is to make signing in to sites like this quicker, it's the only thing I think it's useful for.

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +57

Remember the tiki room at disneyland/world? Let's all sing like the birdies sing, tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet. Time travel.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,707   +1,887

Really? So then, "Skidmarksdeluxe" ********* is too much work?:confused:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

Uh-huh

8. Actually instead of going through a full registration process (Filling forms, giving away your "real" email, filling a password, going to the "real" email to click on a link, etc). Its better to just have that twitter account logged in your computer and just click "log in with twitter".. 1 button > Forms + Email